April 20-24, 2022
Dogwood Blossoms Wellness Week featuring Tai Chi & yoga
This week is often the prime jewel of Gray Bear’s spring. Our Dogwood trees and Wild redbuds are often in full bloom this particular week; offering stunning displays of nature. We have hundreds and hundreds of our native dogwoods living on this lovely land creating a forest of floating blossoms as far as the eye can see. It is a heart lifting experience. Zen in a Tennessee forest.
Our week together will be dedicated to wellness, kindness and care. Each day will offer optional meditation, yoga and Tai Chi classes designed to open our body and quiet our presence. Honing a space of reflection, strength and joy for this living of our lives; our Tai Chi class will be designed to help you to build a practice routine to take home with you. All levels or “first time trying” are welcome. Dedicating time to bettering ourselves, strengthening our wellness reserves and gaining the real world gifts that time spent in nature brings: So very 2022.
Our week will include:
- Restorative yoga with Diann
- Meditative walks along our moss covered forest trail
- Guided cleansing mediation practice at our waterfall
- Soak, relax, detox, reclaim yourself in our one-of-a-kind wood fired sauna
Who should attend: This retreat is open to all; no previous experience required.
Full retreat price is $895. This includes shared lodging, all meals, all classes and full use of facilities. Massage therapy can be scheduled separately. MC/Visa or PayPal accepted. Group size will be limited; first come, first serve basis. After registration an email with additional details, directions will follow.
We'll begin with guests arriving Wednesday (4-6pm arrival). Dinner is served at 6:00pm; followed by orientation and opening circle. We finish our retreat on Sunday with closing circle, lunch, and checkout at 2:00pm. (*) Gray Bear is a two hour drive from the Nashville airport, so please plan arrival time/ departure time with this in mind.
Gray Bear is home to 400 acres of rolling hills, thick forest, natural springs, and even a waterfall. You can experience the wonders of nature while sitting in a hand-built wood fire sauna; hear the silence of nature's symphony lying on a hammock while curled under a blanket; and revel in clear air and water while using shower outdoors.
With all of this nature we have some suggestions to consider when packing:
- Working flashlight ...it gets dark with only the light of the stars to guide you!
- A bathing suit ... good for the hot tub, sauna, and Watsu massage pool
- Water bottle ...Gray Bear does not use disposable cups. Purified water is available in the Main House and the Yoga Room
- A bath robe/sarong
- House slippers or socks to wear indoors ...no shoes inside please
- Comfortable walking shoes/sandals for an inspired nature hike
- Warm clothing ...mornings & evenings can be cool
- Comfortable clothes for exercising/yoga
Please do not bring any drugs, alcohol, or pets. Gray Bear is a non-smoking, pet-free and alcohol-free facility.