March 5-8, 2020
Mindfulness in Law Society: A retreat for attorneys' health and balance
Steve Hornsby and Cindy Pensoneau
This retreat combines relaxation, rejuvenation, and professional continuing education at a beautiful, simple and nurturing retreat center in middle Tennessee. Connect with nature and learn time- honored techniques to reawaken your inner vitality.
Approved in TN for 12.5 hours dual credit CLE for lawyers; approval pending for continuing education for doctors and CPAs. All-inclusive price covers:
- Educational program tuition
- 12.5 hours CLE
- Lodging for 3 nights
- 3 organic vegetarian meals daily
- Yoga & meditation daily
- 400 acres of pristine forest
- *Massage available daily for additional charge
Nestled in the foothills of Tennessee, Gray Bear Lodge is known for its simplicity and natural beauty. Featuring hiking trails and waterfalls, spring-fed hot tub, wood-fired sauna and gourmet vegetarian cuisine, Gray Bear has been a source of vibrant health for 26 years. It is a scenic 2-hour drive from Nashville and 3 hours from Memphis. See more at: http://graybear.org
At the retreat, learn the following:
- Practical mindfulness practices to reduce stress and improve effectiveness
- Working from your strengths and values for greater professional fulfillment
- Yoga, meditation, and living in tune with the cycles of nature
- Skills for implementing new habits that enhance mind-body vitality
Open to all levels; all are encouraged to attend. Some expertience in meditation is helpful, but not required.
Workshop discounted at $850 if paid in full by Feb 18th. Space is limited. Price includes tuition, shared lodging (private rooms available; please inquire), meals and full use of facilities. Confirmation letter and additional information (including directions to Gray Bear) will be sent with enrollment.
We'll begin with guests arriving Thursday March 5th between 4 to 6. Dinner is served at 6:15, followed by orientation and opening circle. We finish our retreat on Sunday with brunch / checkout at 2:00.(*) Gray Bear is a two hour drive from the Nashville airport, so please plan arrival time/ departure time with this in mind.
Judge Steve Hornsby (Ret.) JD, CLC Cindy Pensoneau, JD, YTT Experienced facilitators and trainers, Cindy and Steve regularly lead events focused on professional development and personal effectiveness in legal, corporate and nature settings.
Gray Bear is home to 400 acres of rolling hills, thick forest, natural springs, and even a waterfall. You can experience the wonders of nature while sitting in a hand-built wood fire sauna; hear the silence of nature's symphony lying on a hammock while curled under a blanket; and revel in clear air and water while using shower outdoors.
With all of this nature we have some suggestions to consider when packing:
- Working flashlight ...it gets dark with only the light of the stars to guide you!
- A bathing suit ... good for the hot tub, sauna, and Watsu massage pool
- Water bottle ...Gray Bear does not use disposable cups. Purified water is available in the Main House and the Yoga Room
- A bath robe/sarong
- House slippers or socks to wear indoors ...no shoes inside please
- Comfortable walking shoes/sandals for an inspired nature hike
- Warm clothing ...mornings & evenings can be cool
- Comfortable clothes for exercising/yoga
Please do not bring any drugs, alcohol, or pets. Gray Bear is a non-smoking, pet-free and alcohol-free facility.