2022 Spring Rest and Relaxation
Our popular R & R weekends are based on our basic need to take time for ourselves. They are rooted in simplicity. During this time, we won't have a specific program, but rather you'll have time to live and enjoy life exactly as you desire. Our attentive, caring staff will be there to nourish your body. Relaxation, tranquility beautiful evenings, rejuvenating days... all are waiting for you here at Gray Bear.
"The best way to experience Gray Bear is slowly, one breath, one step, one moment, at a time. This R and R retreat is such a wonderful way to do just that." - E.W.
- Daily morning Meditation and Yoga class
- Luxuriate in our wood-fired sauna
- Hike our trails, enjoy being in nature
- Soak in the tropical paradise of our WATSU pool and stone hot tub
- Schedule Massage Therapy, Thai Massage, WATSU or Breema
- Spend some time journaling or just sitting in silence
- Choose to sleep in, watch the sunrise, the stars shine and your spirit soar
Our guests choose from a variety of lovely hand- crafted artisanal private cabins. Signature cabins all have queen beds, are spacious with large windows offering select forest views. Mindfully nestled into our natural campus creating privacy while still a short stroll to our main lodge, hot tub or bodywork facilities.
Currently Gray Bear has our main lodge closed for shared lodging. We look forward to reopening as soon as national trends allow.
Rates for your entire weekend are based on accommodation, are per person. Price range is $385 for your weekend, plus add your private cabin rate of $150-$225. Second person sharing a cabin pay base rate only (does not additional pay private cabin rate).
*All prices include tuition, daily yoga class, meals, lodging and full use of facilities. All balances are due upon registration. MC/Visa accepted. Gray Bear Lodge, PO Box 682 Hohenwald, TN 38462. Map and details will follow registration.
We'll begin with guests arriving Friday (4-6pm arrival). Dinner is served at 6:00pm; followed by orientation and opening circle. We finish our retreat on Sunday with closing circle, lunch, and checkout at 2:00pm. (*) Gray Bear is a two hour drive from the Nashville airport, so please plan arrival time/ departure time with this in mind.
Gray Bear is home to 400 acres of rolling hills, thick forest, natural springs, and even a waterfall. You can experience the wonders of nature while sitting in a hand-built wood fire sauna; hear the silence of nature's symphony lying on a hammock while curled under a blanket; and revel in clear air and water while using shower outdoors.
With all of this nature we have some suggestions to consider when packing:
- Working flashlight ...it gets dark with only the light of the stars to guide you!
- A bathing suit ... good for the hot tub, sauna, and Watsu massage pool
- Water bottle ...Gray Bear does not use disposable cups. Purified water is available in the Main House and the Yoga Room
- A bath robe/sarong
- House slippers or socks to wear indoors ...no shoes inside please
- Comfortable walking shoes/sandals for an inspired nature hike
- Warm clothing ...mornings & evenings can be cool
- Comfortable clothes for exercising/yoga
Please do not bring any drugs, alcohol, or pets. Gray Bear is a non-smoking, pet-free and alcohol-free facility.