2021 Fall Rest and Relaxation
"The best way to experience Gray Bear is
slowly, one breath, one step, one moment,
at a time. This R and R retreat is such a
wonderful way to do just that." - E.W.
Our popular R & R weekends are based on our basic need to take time for ourselves. They are rooted in simplicity. During this time, we won't have a specific program, but rather you'll have time to live and enjoy life exactly as you desire. Our attentive, caring staff will be there to nourish your body. Relaxation, tranquility beautiful evenings, rejuvenating days... all are waiting for you here at Gray Bear.
Choose to join, or not to join as you see fit, your schedule is your own.
- Daily morning Meditation and Yoga class
- Luxuriate in our wood-fired sauna
- Hike our trails, enjoy being in nature
- Soak in the tropical paradise of our WATSU pool and stone hot tub
- Schedule Massage Therapy, Thai Massage, WATSU or Breema
- Spend some time journaling or just sitting in silence
- Choose to sleep in, watch the sunrise, the stars shine and your spirit soar
2020 update to our R&R retreats:
Rates, based on accommodation, are per person, two night minimum. Priority will be given to couples or duets who have quarantined together, or in a pod, and would like to share a cabin. Space is very limited, early registration is highly recommended. Price will be based on private cabin. Those wishing to share the cost of a cabin, can do so. Price range for entire weekend: $400-$625 total. Please contact us for availability and details. *
Those wishing to pitch a tent: some retreats will have an option to do so; please email Adam for details. Write “ Tent options” in the subject line and the retreat you are interested in attending.
*All prices include tuition, meals, lodging and full use of facilities. All balances are due before retreat begins. MC/Visa & PayPal accepted. To register please mail full payment to: Gray Bear Lodge, PO Box 682 Hohenwald, TN 38462. Map and details will follow registration.
We'll begin with guests arriving Friday (4-6pm arrival). Dinner is served at 6:00pm; followed by orientation and opening circle. We finish our retreat on Sunday with closing circle, lunch, and checkout at 2:00pm. (*) Gray Bear is a two hour drive from the Nashville airport, so please plan arrival time/ departure time with this in mind.
Workshops will be limited to 30% of our regular capacity, allowing approximately 12-15 participants per workshop. Priority will be given to couples or duets who have quarantined together, or in a pod, and would like to share a cabin. Space is very limited, early registration is highly recommended. Price will be based on private cabin. Those wishing to share the cost of a cabin, can do so. Those wishing to pitch a tent: some retreats will have an option to do so; please email Adam for details. Write “ Tent options” in the subject line and the retreat you are interested in attending.
Confirmation letter and additional information (including directions to Gray Bear) will be sent. Listed price is for shared occupancy in the main lodge (upgrades to private cabins are available; please inquire).
Gray Bear is home to 400 acres of rolling hills, thick forest, natural springs, and even a waterfall. You can experience the wonders of nature while sitting in a hand-built wood fire sauna; hear the silence of nature's symphony lying on a hammock while curled under a blanket; and revel in clear air and water while using shower outdoors.
With all of this nature we have some suggestions to consider when packing:
- Working flashlight ...it gets dark with only the light of the stars to guide you!
- A bathing suit ... good for the hot tub, sauna, and Watsu massage pool
- Water bottle ...Gray Bear does not use disposable cups. Purified water is available in the Main House and the Yoga Room
- A bath robe/sarong
- House slippers or socks to wear indoors ...no shoes inside please
- Comfortable walking shoes/sandals for an inspired nature hike
- Warm clothing ...mornings & evenings can be cool
- Comfortable clothes for exercising/yoga
Please do not bring any drugs, alcohol, or pets. Gray Bear is a non-smoking, pet-free and alcohol-free facility.