2018 A week of Rest and Relaxation
October 23 to 28
"The best way to experience Gray Bear is
slowly, one breath, one step, one moment,
at a time. This R and R retreat is such a
wonderful way to do just that." - E.W.
Our popular R & R weekends are based on our basic need to take time for ourselves. They are rooted in simplicity. During this time, we won't have a specific program, but rather you'll have time to live and enjoy life exactly as you desire. Our attentive, caring staff will be there to nourish your body. Relaxation, tranquility beautiful evenings, rejuvenating days... all are waiting for you here at Gray Bear.
Choose to join, or not to join as you see fit, your schedule is your own.
- Daily morning Meditation and Yoga class
- Luxuriate in our wood-fired sauna
- Hike our trails, enjoy being in nature
- Soak in the tropical paradise of our WATSU pool and stone hot tub
- Schedule Massage Therapy, Thai Massage, WATSU or Breema
- Spend some time journaling or just sitting in silence
- Choose to sleep in, watch the sunrise, the stars shine and your spirit soar
Workshop discounted at $895 if paid in full by April 20th. Space is consciously limited. To reserve your place please register by sending your $100 non-refundable deposit or full payment to: Gray Bear Lodge, PO Box 682, Hohenwald, TN 38462. Price includes tuition, lodging, meals and full use of facilities. Late registration fee increases to $955 with balance May 1st. Confirmation letter and additional information (including directions to Gray Bear) will be sent.
Please plan to arrive Tuesday (1st) between 4pm-6:00. We will have dinner at 6pm and finishing with orientation/opening circle . Sunday finishes with closing circle, lunch, and checkout is at 2:00pm. (*) Gray Bear is a two hour drive from the Nashville airport, so please plan arrival time/ departure time with this in mind
Gray Bear is home to 400 acres of rolling hills, thick forest, natural springs, and even a waterfall. You can experience the wonders of nature while sitting in a hand-built wood fire sauna; hear the silence of nature's symphony lying on a hammock while curled under a blanket; and revel in clear air and water while using shower outdoors.
With all of this nature we have some suggestions to consider when packing:
- Working flashlight ...it gets dark with only the light of the stars to guide you!
- A bathing suit ... good for the hot tub, sauna, and Watsu massage pool
- Water bottle ...Gray Bear does not use disposable cups. Purified water is available in the Main House and the Yoga Room
- A bath robe/sarong
- House slippers or socks to wear indoors ...no shoes inside please
- Comfortable walking shoes/sandals for an inspired nature hike
- Warm clothing ...mornings & evenings can be cool
- Comfortable clothes for exercising/yoga
Please do not bring any drugs, alcohol, or pets. Gray Bear is a non-smoking, pet-free and alcohol-free facility.