September 16th-24th, 2022
Juicing & Raw Foods
This nine-day (program begins with the "Reviving your Life" weekend), carefully supervised program is designed to help purify and balance the whole body, mind and spirit. Through purification, we give our digestive system time to rest and concentrate the body's energy on a powerful revitalizing, cleansing and renewing process.
Program Elements Include:
- instruction in the science of purification;
- understanding detoxification and safely beginning and ending a fast
- fresh organic juices
- daily walk, yoga, meditation, breath work, quiet time and relaxation
- massage/bodywork sessions
- strong supportive environment; group participation, distraction free setting
- exploring conscious eating
- opportunity to take responsibility for and actively participate in improving your health
- understanding our relationship to food, nutritional tips to help balance cravings
- creating a new guideline to eat for longevity and vitality
- time to enjoy the lightness, renewed energy and clarity fasting brings
- sauna, hot tub, massage & bodywork
- small group size and a professional, attentive staff combine to meet individual needs
This workshop is not for those with serious health conditions. Each person must be willing and able to participate in activities (Daily walks in a rolling hills environment, movement class, lectures). Even though a temporary benefit of this program may include weight loss, our focus is on wellness and whole health integration.
We'll begin with guests arriving Friday (4-6pm arrival). Dinner is served at 6:00pm; followed by orientation and opening circle. We finish our retreat on Saturday with closing circle, lunch, and checkout at 11:00am. (*) Gray Bear is a two hour drive from the Nashville airport, so please plan arrival time/ departure time with this in mind.
Gray Bear is home to 400 acres of rolling hills, thick forest, natural springs, and even a waterfall. You can experience the wonders of nature while sitting in a hand-built wood fire sauna; hear the silence of nature's symphony lying on a hammock while curled under a blanket; and revel in clear air and water while using shower outdoors.
With all of this nature we have some suggestions to consider when packing:
- Working flashlight ...it gets dark with only the light of the stars to guide you!
- A bathing suit ... good for the hot tub, sauna, and Watsu massage pool
- Water bottle ...Gray Bear does not use disposable cups. Purified water is available in the Main House and the Yoga Room
- A bath robe/sarong
- House slippers or socks to wear indoors ...no shoes inside please
- Comfortable walking shoes/sandals for an inspired nature hike
- Warm clothing ...mornings & evenings can be cool
- Comfortable clothes for exercising/yoga
Please do not bring any drugs, alcohol, or pets. Gray Bear is a non-smoking, pet-free and alcohol-free facility.
Workshops will be limited to 30% of our regular capacity, allowing approximately 12-15 participants per workshop. Priority will be given to couples or duets who have quarantined together, or in a pod, and would like to share a cabin. Space is very limited, early registration is highly recommended. Price will be based on private cabin. Those wishing to share the cost of a cabin, can do so. Those wishing to pitch a tent: some retreats will have an option to do so; please email Adam for details. Write “ Tent options” in the subject line and the retreat you are interested in attending.
Confirmation letter and additional information (including directions to Gray Bear) will be sent. Listed price is for shared occupancy in the main lodge (upgrades to private cabins are available; please inquire).
Questions: call 615-782-0469